Howdy, Holiday Foxes! I’m really excited about today’s post. And yes, we’re (meaning me) a bit behind on the Giveaway schedule, but the 12 giveaways are happening. Some may just carry you happily into the new year. And much like anything rad, I promise these are all well worth the wait.
If you have explored the realm of green and eco-chic beauty as of recent, the name Lina Hanson probably sends shivers of glee down your spine. That’s right – Lina’s the gorgeous, Swedish-born (and you know I love that) celebrity makeup artist and author behind the famous Lina Hanson | Global Beauty line (Ewan McGregor, Christina Ricci, Kristin Davis, and Lykke Li (!!!!) are reportedly mega fans).
In addition to being one of the warmest and coolest gals to chat with and learn from, Lina was kind enough to share some of her tried-and-true tips for keeping celebrities’ skin gorgeous and glowing throughout the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Thankfully, you don’t need to be a celeb to rock these tips that will have you sashaying to your New Year’s Eve fete like a muthafuckin’ diva.
Lina Hanson’s Tips for a Healthy Holiday Glow
1. EXFOLIATE: One of the most important steps to gorgeous holiday makeup is your skin. If you are going to an event, or want glowing skin instantly, I always recommend exfoliating your face before applying your facial oil and makeup. Exfoliating allows your face oil to absorb into the skin faster and foundation and blush will go on much smoother, and last longer. Choose a gentle scrub that won’t irritate your skin. You can also make your own exfoliating scrub by using ingredients from the kitchen. I like mixing olive oil, with lemon, and sugar. Gently scrub your face using circular motions. This scrub works wonders and your skin feels and looks more clear in minutes.
2. HYDRATE: I’m a huge believer in beauty from the inside out. By staying hydrated, your skin will feel and look healthy and glowing. Alkaline water is great because it has antioxidant properties that help detoxify the skin and keep it rejuvenated and hydrated quicker than regular water. I like Essentia water because it not only tastes great, I can see a marked improvement in my skin.
3. OIL CLEANSE: During winter months, your skin tends to be more dry and flaky. Avoid anything that contains alcohol, and instead of using a regular face wash, I recommend cleansing your face with a cleansing oil or balm. An oil will cleanse your skin from grease or dirt while keeping it moisturized and soft, and without stripping the skin from its natural oils.
4. DRY BRUSH: Dry brushing for about 5-10 minutes before a shower is a great to keep your skin healthy, removes dead skin and increases your circulation. Beautiful winter skin is all about moisture, so avoid taking a very hot shower, as hot water robs the skin of that precious moisture. Try to keep your bath and showers short. Moisturize your body with a body oil while the skin is still damp. The oils will absorb into the skin faster than a body lotion and will leave your skin soft and nourished from the inside.
5. EAT YOUR GREENS: Eating a lot of leafy greens in your diet is crucial for healthy, glowing skin as they are super rich in minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. To ensure you are getting enough greens, you can incorporate a spirulina or chlorella supplement into your diet. Spirulina and chlorella ward off free radicals, eliminate toxins, and increase skin metabolism.
Lina Hanson Global Face Serum
As if those tips weren’t enough, Lina is giving away her best-selling, celeb-fav Global Face Serum (Retail $85). I’ve been fortunate enough to use this serum and let me just start by saying that the scent is CRAZY FREAKING GOOD. Here’s the 411 on this beautiful elixir:
- Completely vegan and cruelty-free.
- Toxin-Free: Completely free of parabens, artificial fragrance, silicone, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, or any other chemical ingredient.
- Reduces irritation and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The natural essential oil scent uplifts mood and banishes anxiety.
Don’t believe me? This magical serum has received quite a bit of press. So, I’ll just leave this right here…
Win a Global Face Serum
You’ve got the tips, now nab the face oil to complete your regimen. One lucky winner will receive a full-size Global Face Serum, an $85 value. Open to all entrants, but entrants outside the U.S. must pay shipping.