Guys, we all love giveaways. And I try my best to give you a lot of ’em. And while every giveaway is super-special, this particular one is kind of the JAM. Why? Because we ain’t triflin’ with one lipstick or a sample of blush. No, no. Today, INIKA Cosmetics, who kindly sent me their gorgeous collection reviewed below, is giving away the entire kit-and-kaboodle to one damn lucky The Little Foxes reader.
About INIKA Cosmetics
INIKA is a luxury, non-toxic, all-vegan cosmetics company from the great “land down under.” No, not Texas. We’re talking Australia, guys. And, in addition to being gorgeous, the products are certified (read: LEGIT) as entirely vegan (by the UK Vegan Society), cruelty-free (by Australia’s Choose Cruelty Free Organisation), Halal (by the Australian Federation of Islamic Council), non-toxic (as a Truth in Beauty brand), and many items are organic (by Australia’s Organic Food Chain). The packaging and brushes are also made from recycled materials and are recyclable. This is the kind of shit I like – products that perform, but also have a lot of other virtues that just make you feel good. Check this code of ethics out:
About the “Prolong Your Tan” Collection
INIKA sent me this collection of products intended to “extend your summer tan.” This was really thoughtful of them, but also made me LOL, because anyone who knows me knows that I don’t have a “summer tan.” I have a personal complexion spectrum that goes from apparition white (where you can see my circulatory system) to lobsta rosy (which appears when I’ve had too much drink, karaoke, and/or too much sun), and thaaaaaat’s about it. But hey, if I can fake the nice glow that I see other, less porcelain people have, by golly, I’m gonna do it. Banjo made this swatch of colors so you can see how it all goes down…From left to right in order:
- Light Reflect Highlighting Cream: I really liked the mousse-like texture of this cream and I started using it religiously by mixing it with my foundation to create a dewy, glowy tinted moisturizer look. Did it illuminate me? You betcha it did.
- Lipstick in Coral: I’m usually not the type to wear coral on my lips because I fear the purported washing out and teeth yellowing effects that orangey lip color can have on a fair complexion. But this lipstick was more shimmery and sheer than opaque and worked nicely with the rest of the collection. It also worked well as a cream blush that I’d pat along my cheekbones.
- Mineral Blush in Peachy Keen: By far, my favorite of the collection. Peach blush makes any complexion look healthy and happy, but it’s really lovely for those of us who are pale. Silky (without the silk, of course), buildable, and just sparkly enough to light up the face without making me look like a disco queen.
- Mineral Bronzer in Sunkissed: The term “bronzer” usually freaks me out and reminds me of times of yore when I would go clubbing and get too crazy with the Wet n’ Wild and look like a weird skeleton. This bronzer is gentle and light, and allowed me to build and contour beautifully. It’s more illuminating than bronzing, so I didn’t get that harsh Housewives of the O.C. look. I also loved using this product as an eyeshadow. Very fawn-like and subtle.
- Blush Brush: Soft, with fine bristles that carry and sweep the powders on beautifully. I used this brush with the entire collection and absolutely fell in love with it.
Here are a few annoying selfies of me wearing the collection night and day, so you can see how they look:
The Little Foxes’ INIKA Cosmetics HAUL Giveaway
I don’t use the term “haul” lightly. This giveaway is a haul in the truest sense because there are FIVE fresh (as in, not the ones I sampled), full-sized products here, babies: (1) Mineral Bronzer, (1) Mineral Blush, (1) Blush Brush, (1) Lipstick, (1) Light Reflect Highlighting Cream. YOU’RE WELCOME, you little foxy pants, you.
I think you’re gonna dig these goodies and getting to know INIKA. If you’re local to Chicago, you can check out the collection first-hand at the wonderful, vegan-friendly Starship Salon. If you’re not in Chicago, check out INIKA’s stockists to see if you can play with these beauties in person. Or just check out the website and drool at all the fineness. Enter and enjoy. Giveaway closes next Friday, October 18th.