I have a confession: I am a morning eater. What does this mean? It means that from the minute my alarm goes off and I rise, I must – simply MUST – eat, like, immediately. This makes for an especially fun time when I’m staying in a hotel and I’ve got nothing but cruddy tea bags and mini-bar crap staring me down (no offense to those of you who eat M&M’s and vodka for breakfast). A second confession: I am also the type of person to get hangry very quickly. Don’t know what hangry is? It’s hungry + angry = get me to a vegan brunch stat.
Let’s Kick Some Arse
Oh, and did I mention that I started a 10-week cardio kickboxing bootcamp today? Well, I did. Every morning, six-days a week, I’ll be punching and kicking and sweating up a storm in the name of fitness. I am beyond excited (and a little sore already), and I also need you to pray for me.
So, color me delighted when the sweeties at Earnest Eats sent me their amazing Hot + Fit Cereals. Their timing could not have been more clutch. Fueling at the crack of dawn requires an easy-to-make, gentle-to-eat mix of carbs, fiber, and protein. BOOM, these little guys have all of that and then some. And all they ask in return is a little hot water and a spoon. Hell, fuck the spoon. You could probably eat this with a coffee stirrer (it’s been done) or your finger (if you’re camping or without a spoon). And luckily, these hot cereals are delicious enough that you won’t mind looking like a greedy, hangry fool.
Earnest Eats Hot + Fit Cereals Are Tasty
As if the name wasn’t cute enough (I mean, who doesn’t want to be hot and fit?!), these hot cereals have got it going ON. Don’t call them “oatmeal,” because they’re so much more. Oats, quinoa, and amaranth, to be specific (say that three times fast…), mixed with superfoods in tasty combinations that will make your tummy and bod happy.
Let’s talk flavors:
- American Blend: Cranberries, almonds, and flax with almonds, sunflower seeds, and pepitas. A tasty blend. Just enough sweetness and a pleasant tart bite from the cranberries. Perfect for a classic oatmeal (oh crap, I said it) lover.
- Asia Blend: MY FLAVORITE! Sweet dried mango and Matcha green tea mingle with sesame, sunflower, flax seeds, and almonds. Totally unique, while being rich and light at the same time (it’s possible). A real treat for someone who wants a departure from the ho-hum.
- Mayan Blend: Natural cocoa, pepitas, cashews, and sunflower seeds. Yes, yes, yes, and YES. I am obsessed with anything pumpkin seed. And this blend feels decadent, like you’re eating a spicy, sweet, rich dessert. Welcome to breakfast being awesome.
Each blend has anywhere from 6 – 7 grams of fiber and around 8 grams of protein. BOOYAH.
And while I love full-sized things, here’s what I think the 2.35 oz single-serve cups would be really fun/perfect/awesome for:
- Back-to-School breakfasts on the fly
- The gym
- A snack during work (or is that just me?)
- Eating on the couch when a Veronica Mars marathon is on
The Little Foxes’ Earnest Eats Giveaway
Bottom line: I approve. I approve bigtime. I approve so much that the good (and cute – just look at ’em) people of Earnest Eats are gonna send one of you lucky bastards a three-pack of their oatmeal cups. So you can try all of the flavors and feel the nourishment. USA & Canada only, plz.